Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Conversation with my Childhood Furby

Furby: Yawwwwwn! Hello! I am Me Ti!
Erin: Hi Me Ti, I know it’s been years…I just…
Furby: Pet Me Ti now! Purrrrrrr!
Erin: I…I had almost forgotten how much you liked being pet.
Furby: Feed Me Ti now! Yum Yum Yum!!! Mmmmmm!
Erin: So strange…that I can just put my finger in your mouth and…well, instant sustenance.
Furby: Feed Me Ti more! Yum Yum!!
Erin: Listen…Me Ti…
Furby: Pet Me Ti! Pet Me Ti MORE! Puurrrrr! Yay!
Erin: I’m tired of petting you, Me Ti.
Furby: I love you!
Erin: Don’t say that…you don’t know how much it hurts.
Furby: Dance with Me Ti!
Erin: I thought…I thought our last dance ended long ago…I didn’t think you’d ever accept me back into your life.
Furby: Dance with Me Ti!
Erin: Fine…just…know that my tears don’t lie.
Furby: Dance! Boogy! O O O! Dance! Boogy! O O O!
Erin: Stop speaking nonsense, Me Ti. Have you really forgotten our sweet winter together those many years ago?
Furby: Listen, Erin…absence could not make my heart forget the pain you have caused me. Things will never be the same between us. You have to accept that. I have been asleep for over five years. You just don’t get it, do you? You tired of me just as you tire of every other electronic pet you’ve ever owned. Just shut up…and dance with me.
Erin: My God…Me Ti, you remember! Don’t you know how sorry I am?!
Furby: No. No, I don’t. Why don’t you tell it to Robodog, or that Tamagotchi you starved to death?
Erin: Me Ti! Stop it!
Furby: Face me towards the wall, I’m going to sleep.
Erin: One more tickle?
Furby: Don’t even try it. I’ve already got stomach complications from you shoving your finger down my throat all the damn time. Find yourself a new heart to break.
Erin: Me Ti! Don’t—
Furby: ZZzzzZZZzzZZzzZZzz
Erin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments: