Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Recent encounters with affection

I have always thought that it was because of my love for coffee that I made a cup every day. Then last Saturday I didn't make any, and I got a horrible headache, a distinct grogginess, and a generally unpleasant demeanor. I then realized that I wasn't in love with coffee. Rather, I was addicted, and it was because of this addiction that I made coffee every day. All this time, I thought I just really loved coffee...it is merely a chemical dependence.

The first time any boy told me he loved me was over the phone.
The first time my last boyfriend told me he loved me was at a gas station.

In a strange coincidence Jeremey and I both said "I love you" to each other today in two separate instances in the context of stories we were telling. He was imitating an annoying guy at a party, I was anthropomorphizing his dog. Even though it was fiction, it felt nice hearing it.

Last night a beautiful girl told me she wanted to make out with me. Strangely, my only thought was that she was out of my league.

A friend of mine told me to avoid being in a serious relationship because we are like baby plants, and if you tie a baby plant to a stick, it only grows one direction.

My solution was to date only other baby plants.

2 comments:

Sean_Mills_Hospital said...

Maybe if you take caffeine pills you can go back to dating Coffee on a even playing field.

Anonymous said...

"Last night a beautiful girl told me she wanted to make out with me. Strangely, my only thought was that she was out of my league."

Did this really happen? That is hilarious.